Healing is in Your hands

I work in the children's ministry at my church and see many families come through every Sunday morning ready to worship. One family routinely comes by to drop their little one off every week. Each week this specific family leaves a footprint on my heart. I don't know their story but I do know they have a son, Brexton, who is severely disabled both physically and mentally. Every week I see hope in his mother's eyes when she comes to our door, always wearing a bright smile on her face. I know her life isn't easy and taking care of Brexton is a 24/7 job, yet she always beams with the joy of the Lord. Part of our check-in process is to ask the families if their are any prayer needs they may have. Every week has been the same response, "Please pray for Brexton's health", and we continually do. These past few weeks God has really put Brexton on my heart, I find myself praying for him and his family fairly often.

This past Sunday I woke up to a text from a friend asking for prayer for Brexton. He was is the hospital for pneumonia and was hours away from going to Heaven. The doctors had told the family that only a miracle could save Brexton's life. My heart instantly broke for his family. For his baby sister I watch every Sunday who would never get to know her big brother. For his hopeful mother who is always so positive. Then a light bulb switched on, I was reminded that our God is bigger then our circumstances. He still heals. In fact the previous week at church the sermon was all about healing. Even at life group that week healing was the topic. I began praying and praying for His victory over Brexton's ailing health and peace over his family. When I got to work my co-workers and I continued praying with heavy hearts and declaring that our God still heals over Brexton's life.

"But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed." -Isiah 53:5



Yesterday I received a text from the same friend who informed me of Brexton's condition letting me know that God was working in Brexton's life and his oxygen levels were up to 98%, AMAZING!! All I could say was, what a faithful God we serve! I don't know what plans God has for Brexton's life but I know Brexton is definitely a gift, a reminder that medicine only goes so far and then comes God..

So to my family, If any of you get a chance to read this, know that the Lord calms our raging seas and there is NOTHING impossible for Him. Don't let fear set in, instead trust that God is healing Dustin at this very moment. He's done it more then once, He can do it again.

Comments

  1. Shelby you are an amazing human being and definitely one of a kind.
    Love ya girl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, I greatly appreciate that!! Love ya too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great story, thank you for sharing. Very well written.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts