What if we lived out the songs we sing?

So technically I actually wrote this blog post a few months back and never posted it. I wanted to sink into the title and before I knew it it turned into a smorgasbord of thoughts about worship. I'm very passionate about worship and song writing therefore it's a topic I could go on and on about. I've tried to go through and switch some things up but it was a total fail. Seems to somehow make sense in a cluttered way. 


I've been asking myself this question a lot lately. I know personally I could be more courageous, more Christ like if I really lived out the songs I sang. Theres nothing that could burn out the fire in my heart, nothing that could seperate my heart from His love. I'd believe more in the power of grace. I'd never forget the message of the cross. I'd be fearless..


There are so many people who come to church who are just in the routine of things. We do what feels comfortable. During worship we raise out hands in 'surrender' not because we want to surrender our hearts to the Lord and lay down our lives but because it's 'just what you do'..it's just become routine. Worship isn't always gonna be pretty folks. So get into it, it's okay to be messy (you are messy but you are not a mess)! Worship is a time between you and the Lord, it's intimate. It's a time for you to come and lay your burdens at God's feet, it's a time to say "God I'm tired, but I'm still here and You are still God". In Isaiah 35:10 it says "and those the Lord has rescued will return. They will enter Zion with singing; everlasting joy will crown their heads. Gladness and joy will overtake them, and sorrow and sighing will flee away". See the Lord knows we have bad days but when we come forth and sing His praise and enter into His thrown room we are restored with joy and gladness.

So many times we sing praise's and sadly to most of us these are just songs. They are just lyrics on a screen, but when we begin the believe what we are singing it becomes much more then a song. It becomes an anthem, a declaration over our lives. Theres power breathed into the words.

So many times we sing about the victory of Christ, how much He loves us, and that He's our healer, but how many of us are actually living that out in our lives today and believing the words we sing! Could you imagine a world that did? We'd be fearless warriors leading the world into His light! I'm reminded a lot of everyones favortie sunday school song "Jesus loves me". Bam! Seems simple right? I think a lot of us get so overwhelmed with life that we forget something as wonderful as "JESUS LOVES ME this I know FOR THE BIBLE TELLS ME SO". Whoa now try to wrap your head around that. How would you live life differently if you TRULEY believed that. A simple childrens song? I think not.

So I challenge you next time you are worshipping-- worship, just do it, really believe it. Go out into the world believing and living that our God is greater,stronger and higher then ANY. Think on the things of your life you could do or accomplished if you just lived out the songs you sing.

Comments

Popular Posts